Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Heading North soon

"The Bear needs a warm hat, gloves, boots and a parka."

This is what I hear Chuck and Jane say as I am taken from my warm spot on their bed.  Why all that special gear?  I am a Bear and Bears don't wear parkas!  My name is Bahama Mama and I was born in Vermont but I love the sun. I wear a turquoise two piece swimsuit and a white bathing cap.When needed I wear sunglasses. The idea of gloves and boots does not appeal to me. This would mess up my fur and make me too warm. I have traveled with Chuck and Jane across the United States and enjoyed interesting places and warm weather.
So I am figuring we are getting ready for another road trip.  But the parka has me wondering what the destination is.  There have been lots of books on the bed with the title of "Alaska" but those always had pictures of snow so I didn't even look at them. The books I really like are of Mexico! These books show pictures of people enjoying the sun and wearing swimsuits. That's my kind of  vacation!

But back to the "Parka" idea.  From the sound of the conversations Chuck and Jane are having, we are going to be Hosting at a State Park in Alaska by the name of Ninilchik.  It seems they have been in contact with a Alaska Park Ranger by the name of Jaqui Erion and it is all set that we will have a spot to park our trailer by May 15. I saw that the calendar has been marked and we will be leaving on May 1. Then we will be singing our favorite Willie Nelson song,"On the road again".

So, if you want to see more about our new adventure, you can put your email address at the bottom of this page.  I will share what we are doing as I know Chuck and Jane ( C&J ) will be too busy to keep everyone informed.

Also, please feed my fish, I might forget.